Rancho Cucamonga Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Lawyer
File for Bankruptcy with Nguyen Law Group on Your Side
Do you want financial freedom? Are you burdened by overwhelming debt that you do not have the ability to pay? If so, a Chapter 7 bankruptcy may be just what you need. Chapter 7 bankruptcy (also known as liquidation bankruptcy) involves the sale of non-exempt property in order to pay off certain debts from creditors.
At Nguyen Law Group, our Chapter 7 bankruptcy attorney has served hundreds of individuals and families going through intense and overwhelming financial distress. With our firm's experience and knowledge of bankruptcy law, you can be confident that you will be cared for throughout every step of the legal process. Our firm has handled hundreds of cases and have a very high success rate. We offer affordable services to help clients who are already dealing with stressful financial issues.
How to File for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in California
Filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in California is an effective way to put a stop to collection calls and creditor harassment, as well as eliminating most of your debt.
In order to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in California, there are some steps you must take:
- Step 1: You must complete a credit counseling course. This can be done in-person, online, or over the phone. In addition to this, you also must complete a means test. This will allow the court to determine if you are eligible for Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- Step 2: Gather all of your financial documents as well as any documentation the court may require from you. These documents include tax returns, pay stubs, bank statements, and any other information related to your finances.
- Step 3: You must fill out and file your bankruptcy petition with the bankruptcy court. This document includes information about your income, debts, assets, liabilities, expenses, and other financial details.
- Step 4: Once your petition has been filed, a meeting will be scheduled with your creditors to discuss the terms of your bankruptcy. This is known as a 341 hearing or Meeting of Creditors. It is important to attend this hearing as it may affect the outcome of your case.
- Step 5: You must complete an approved financial management course in order to discharge any remaining debts. Once this is completed, the court can issue a discharge of your eligible debts and you will no longer be responsible for them.
Filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy in California is a complex process but it can help to provide relief from overwhelming debts. If you are considering filing, it is important to discuss your options with an experienced bankruptcy attorney who can help guide you through the process.
Benefits of Filing for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
The moment you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you put a stop to creditor harassment. The automatic stay puts a stop on attempts to collect on your debt, from constant phone calls to wage garnishments.
Chapter 7 filers also benefit from the following:
- A fresh start through the liquidation of all non-exempt assets, such as vacation homes
- The ability to keep many exempt assets, such as furniture, cars, or tools of your trade
- A hold on any ongoing foreclosure process
- Protection against most creditors once debts are discharged
- Your bankruptcy can be made official in a matter of 60-90 days from filing, allowing you to begin rebuilding credit
These are just a few key benefits of filing under Chapter 7. We can look over your individual case to determine if Chapter 7 bankruptcy is the right way forward for you. When you meet with us to discuss your financial situation, we will ask you to take a means test in order to determine your eligibility for a Chapter 7 filing. If we are able to move forward, we will gather all of your financial documents and prepare your case to be filed.
If you are considering filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in Santa Ana, visit our Bankruptcy page for Santa Ana to learn more.
Call Now for a Free Consultation!
When you choose to hire Nguyen Law Group, our legal team works hard to help you determine if Chapter 7 is right for you. From the moment you consider bankruptcy or face harassment by creditors for payments, you need a bankruptcy attorney on your side. Our firm's goal is help you with personalized service and work with you to obtain a positive outcome for your bankruptcy case.
Contact our firm today by calling (909) 328-6280 for a free initial consultation. Nguyen Law Group is on your side!
What Our Clients Are SayingTestimonials
“Very professional!”- A.
“I am 100% satisfied with the service i received and recommend them.”- April M.
“Andy was so helpful. Thank you Andy!”- Carri S.
Committed to Our Clients & Our CommunityHow We Stand Out
Affordable & Effective
Extensive Legal Knowledge
Personal Service & Availability
Trustworthy & Reliable
Why Hire Us?
We have the experience, skill, and compassion necessary for handling your legal matters. Learn why we are the right choice for you.how we stand out
What We Do
If you have bankruptcy or estate planning matters to discuss, we are the right firm for you. Learn more about how we can help you.our services
Reach out to us today for a consultation to discuss your unique case. Our initial consultations are free!get started